We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
After the excesses typical of summer and winter (improvised meals, many of them away from home, celebrations, ice cream, sweets, etc.), we must return to healthy lifestyles. A good goal to set yourself is eat seasonal foods, and increase the amount of vegetables in the diet.
A food is 'in season' when he's at his best. These foods offer a number of 'extra' benefits to children:
- His properties (smell, taste, texture) and its composition (minerals, vitamins) are at their peak. Therefore, they are the healthiest.
- They are cheaper, since its availability is greater.
- They are 'local' products, with which we contribute to the development and sustainability of the local economy.
After the summer, in Spain you have all these seasonal products (in the month of September):
- Red plum, claudian plum, fig, mango, apple, peach, melon, conference pear, ercolina pear, pineapple, banana, watermelon, white grape, red grape, chard, eggplant, zucchini, green bean, lettuce, leek, pepper, carrot…
And in October:
- Swiss chard, aubergines, pumpkin, spinach, tomato, carrot, persimmon, custard apple, pomegranate, kiwi, pear, grapes ...
We encourage you to look for a calendar with seasonal products from your country. Without a doubt, where they can best advise you on seasonal products is in the neighborhood stores and in the markets lifelong.
We provide you with several tips when dealing with the shopping cart:
1. Set yourself a roadmap with the specific foods you want to buy. Don't let them buy your food: buy it from them. Make weekly menu planning.
2. This menu must include vegetable elements daily, including several pieces of fruit.
3. Remember that you have to eat fish at least three times a week. In children, small marine fish are preferred, caught near the coast.
4. Doctors' favorite part of chicken is the counter-thigh. There are very healthy alternatives (low-fat meats) and at a good price: turkey, rabbit.
5. That red meat should not be abused It does not mean, far from it, that they have to be eliminated from the domestic diet. They provide: iron, vitamin B12 and zinc, among others.
6. Bread is one of the fundamental pillars of our diet. Inside the bread we can configure a very healthy sandwich using a good sausage. Cheese is also an alternative to milk in children who do not enjoy drinking it.
Ah! One important thing: take your children to visit a traditional market. The colors of the fruits and vegetables will attract a lot of attention, and the variety of fish will impress you.
You can read more articles similar to Benefits of seasonal foods for children, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.